Sunday, April 12, 2009

Wines of Mexico Fest, in Vancouver (Canada)


I've been intrigued by Mexican wines ever since I travelled to Mexico City last May. I haven't tasted very many -- only two in fact: this tasty Chenin Columbard from Monte Xanic, and a delicious Viognier from Bodega de Santo Tomas. I had the Viognier at fabulous La Hacienda de Los Morales, an 18th Century mansion in tony Polanco.

Since then I've been dying to explore more Mexican wines. So imagine my disappointment -- I have to miss the Wines of Mexico Fest. The fest is this Thursday, April 2 at the Metropolitan Hotel. Tickets are $35 through and can be purchased through the website.

Mexican wines are practically unknown in Canada, but the Fest will no doubt include some very rare, interesting, quality wines. Don't miss this opportunity to taste where barely any Canadian has tasted before!!

Source: http://full-bodied.blogspot.com/2009/04/wines-of-mexico-fest.html

No comments: