Friday, July 04, 2008

The best pairings of Mexican entrees with Mexican Wines


I have been to Roberto's restaurant called Babita's many times, and I always enjoy bringing my loved ones and out of town guests there to experience non-traditional "Mexican food". They are always amazed!. We treated our entire work place of 30 people to a holiday lunch a few years back, and everyone was blown away! He does a fabulous wine dinner once in a while as well, and unfortunately I am out of town most of the time he schedules it. However, the last one I attended last year was fantastic and I you have to be on the special list (!) to be invited! The wines he did last year were great - special Vale de Guadalupe (near Ensenada, Mexico) whites and red paired with his special upscale flavorful meat and fish entrees - if you can make it during regular hours, just drop on by some weekday and ask him to suggest something special - we neve even look at the menus anymore - viva Roberto!

Babita restaurant
Address: 1823 S San Gabriel Blvd, San Gabriel 91776 (Los Angeles)
Phone: (626) 288-7265

No comments: